It's all about the focus, baby!

Here's my day so far:

Wake up a bit later than planned. I know that I turned the volume of my clock radio up, but I still didn't hear it go off. My husband woke me up for the second time this week, which is probably two more times than he's had to wake me up this year.

Drink coffee, get dressed, read a tiny bit of the New York Times.

Teach my Saturday morning yoga class.

Go to Caribou Coffee. Find a nice table by the window and knit until the line goes down. Observe that little boys are always busy, and always fascinated by trains. Wonder how many times in a day his parents will say "Charlie, come back!" Suddenly, the place is quiet, and I can order a steamed milk with vanilla and a piece of lemon poppyseed cake. Keep knitting. Get very good advice from a friend who returns my phone call.

Go back to the yoga studio and take a class to relieve a very stiff back (from knitting and not practicing yoga all week long). Lots and lots of twists. Lots and lots of props: blocks and straps and a chair and a bolster, all of which help me find the way into the pose. Manage to clasp my hands behind my back in a seated twist that turns into a forward folder. Wonder if my arms aren't actually short in proportion to my body, which has been my excuse for not being able to do Gomukhasana without a strap.

Come home, eat lunch, read a bit more of the Times.

Knit. Knit while watching food shows on PBS. Are all the folks who work at "America's Test Kitchen" obsessive and detail-oriented, or is it me? Take pleasure in learning that Hershey's cocoa (albeit the Dutch process version) wins the taste test at $3 a can, after the host and hostess diss the $20 Callebaut cocoa available only by mail-order. But it won, I think, and should receive appropriate honors.

Wonder, along with just about everyone else participating in the Icarus KAL, whether I will run out of yarn before I finish. Go to the blog and look for hints about how to bail out at row 5 of Chart 4. Find no solutions that I can implement, due to my still-novice status as a lace knitter. Go boldly forward, hoping that I'll either have enough yarn or will come up with a Creative Solution.

Run to the library to pick up an interlibrary loan, look for enjoyable and semi-mindless DVD to watch while knitting. Come home, among other selections, with the 27-CD version of Anna Karenina. I plan to give it the first few sentences, and if I don't bond with the narrator, it's done. Also, Seven-Up with a reader I haven't heard before, Huckleberry Finn, an Anne Tyler novel that was a NY Times Notable Book (usually a good bet), and a Bharati Mukerjee novel. I guess last night's meme followed me to the library.

Sit on the front porch and knit. Listen alternately to "A Prairie Home Companion" and WXRT until my Walkman dies suddenly due to "Lo Batt."

Keep knitting. Wind the last hank of yarn and think that maybe, possibly, I'll have enough yarn to finish.

About ten rows of Chart 4 left to go, plus 4 rows to finish and bind off.

Comments