Not much knitting

Not much knitting getting done around here. I've had an incredibly busy few days, and today when I drove the car into the garage, I thought: glass of wine, backyard, read.

Stopped at the library on my way home and collected an armload of books. I was looking for something comforting but well-written, which is neither a genre nor something easily found. It doesn't have to be snooty, just literary enough. The very helpful librarian suggested Eat Cake, which I've tried and found not well enough written; Plainsong, which I came in looking for and realized that I'd already read; and Pomegranate Soup, which I brought home.

I also collected The Time Traveler's Wife, a Peter Robinson mystery, the new Gael Greene biography (is it Insatiable?), and mindless but entertaining Soap Opera Digest (the library near my town subscribes!) and an April issue of Gourmet, because May was about grilling and potentially not vegetarian-friendly and everything more recent was checked out.

Take out from the local Indian restaurant and the new season of Survivor will be the plan for the evening.

Comments