how to post a picture with words, step 3

Okay, so this is where it gets dicey, and I find myself falling into the black hole of HTML. I know that's the case when: 1. I suddenly realize that I've been working on the same problem for over an hour 2. I suddenly realize that I'm about to be late for whatever appointment I thought I could squeeze some fooling around on the computer before 3. I suddenly realize that I have this stiffness in my shoulders and at the back of my neck from sitting, staring, and trying to rope this @#** HTML into shape.

What we have so far: success at getting the picture beneath some words. Failure at getting the caption underneath the picture. Instead, like Blogger's normally irritating habit, the words are snaking around the picture until they have room to bloom into a normal paragraph. I'm guessing that I'm missing a bit of code to flush the caption to the left side of the page.

Oh, was that coincedence?? As I was typing that surmise, the sun came out and hit the right side of my shoulder and the keyboard. Natural lightbulb going on, perhaps?

Let's try again:

All right, then. First go around is to get the picture into the post, with words (also known as a caption) beneath it. It's an opportunity for descriptive discourse or snarky commentary or glowing pride.

Here goes. Picture first. Then the caption.






The Perfect Bag for my older daughter: fantasy writer, zombie fan, and style setter.

Comments