What can I say?

Well, there's 45 minutes that I'll never get back.

I've been playing with the template and the colors and trying, trying, trying to post a picture behind the title block. What I had in mind: a lovely detail of the Shetland Triangle Shawl. What I produced: suddenly, an entirely different blog, type face, centered: it looked like one of those cheap government documents that you get at the state driver's license bureau.

It's not so much the need to have the picture there. It's the aggravation of trying to learn a new language, a new process, with only the input of more, rather than less, computerese. I thought I had it down, had actually discovered that by going to Edit HTML on the Edit Post page, that I could find the code for the picture on that page.

But evil Profile page refused to accept it. Multiple red messages that claimed, once I copied the code into the right box for Upload Image, that the link was broken or the code exceeded the 68-character length.

The lesson here is: walk away from the computer. But I hate to give up. I'm so close. It'll only take another 3 or 4 hours to beat the HTML system into submission, right?

Comments