a work in progress

Time to get ready for work. It's amazing how much time you, I mean I, can spend fiddling around with something as incidental as the color and typeface of a blog font.
Work in progress and happy to accept any or all feedback on the current look of the blog. I'm going for a pale, pale blue background, almost white, but haven't found the right code yet. And with no time left to fidget, I have green, dark purple and rose in my various typefaces. Do you think it's too busy? Do you prefer a white background so that it's easier to see the words?
Like so much else, decisions and more decisions, and a learning curve before you, I mean I, get to a place where I know what I'm doing.
Another tech question: how do you change the typeface in the Blogger template? Each line about fonts lists various types. Can I choose one not listed? How do I tell my template to go to that font?
Not suprisingly, no reading or knitting done this morning. I went to yoga, only to be confronted with a restorative class. Yes, I know they're good for you. But I am a doer, according to the psychological stuff presented at a recent meeting I attended. (Honest admission: I did not join the doer group because they were creating a lot of friction by criticizing the people group for spending too much time fraternizing and not enough time getting stuff done, so I joined the process group, which was mellow and laughed a lot more.) My ability to lie still, in a relaxing position, and not fuss for an activity, is very small. But that's much the point of yoga: to put you in a place where you are not necessarily in your comfort zone, perhaps physically (a class that's too difficult) or mentally (a class that is contradictory to your usual habits, such as me trying to rest into a pose).
After wrestling back and forth, trying to find one of the poses, which involved lying on a bolster, placing your feet against the wall, and raising the chest, I asked my teacher for help. I don't feel like I'm doing anything, I explained. That's the point, he replied. But I'm a doer. But you are doing something: you're resting, the blood is pooling in your chest area, and there is something going on.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Today in my biology class we talked about meiosis and mitosis--cells are dividing in your body ALL THE TIME! Think how much doing goes on and you don't even know it!

I like the blue background but think the rose writing is a little too light to read.
Love,
M
Janet said…
pretty amazing.