Wow

I heard an interview with Jimmy Wales, the founder of Wikipedia, last week on "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me." The conceit was to ask him questions so outlandishly unbelievable as to dumbfound one, and then to chant the refrain, "It must be true, because I read it on Wikipedia."
And to each of these wonderfully wierd questions and the three possible answers, the founder would sigh and say "Wow." So 60s. So accepting and amazed at the same time. And then, each time, he would proceed to choose the wrong answer. Three out of three times.

But all I can say after this week is "wow."

My timesheet showed that I worked my expected number of hours. I feel, in contrast, that I put in double that amount. Lots of good results to show for my work and everyone else's. All the same, I wish that tomorrow was a day of Doing Nothing and Knitting. I need to work harder to corral all those errands into a tiny segment of time, not running concurrent to my day off.

Comments

FairyGodKnitter said…
That is one of my favorite podcasts. I like to listen to it when the boys are around, they get the humor and it is a good way to keep them culturally revelant without going too far. I wish that Buffalo had better public radio, we may have to switch to sattelite radio in the next car.
Retail gets so intense turning this time of year. Try to rest up. What are you doing for Thanksgiving?
Janet said…
My husband LOVES to cook Thanksgiving dinner. So I get to be very lazy, lie on the couch, read, sleep, eat, and then watch tv. What about you?
FairyGodKnitter said…
In the past, I've done it all but last year I was pretty sick and everyone was supposed to help. It didn't go very well. My former sister in law showed up drunk with a friend who was kind of strange. One (or both) of them must of thought that the pain meds in my room were party favors because they disappeared. I ended up bossing everyone around and I think we were all miserable. I ended up in the hospital the next day. This year, we are going out to our favorite restaurant. It's one of those places that feels like home if home was gussied up a little. The boys love it. It will be us, my mom, sister and my brother's kids with their dates. No crazy former sister in law. I'll have had chemo on Tuesday so cleaning/cooking are out. If I'm not up for going, they can bring me back a dinner and a friend of mine who avoids all holiday celebrations will come over and keep me company. My sister will be here all weekend so I'm hoping that chemo doesn't ground me completely. We're planning on driving around looking at land on which to build a new house next year. I can knit while she drives. Do you have to work on Friday?