I'd left the Cabled Bolero at home when I set off on my trip. Too bulky, too unwieldy to fit neatly into my backpack. As much as I love working on it, and admire its ease and quickness, I'm trying to force myself to avoid the impulse to overpack.

So, instead, this yarn.

Lorna's Laces. Off with me to New Orleans. Never treated myself to it before. But, again resisting those deep-seated patterns that we all fall before, I admitted that there was neither time nor more time to start a dyeing project. And it is beautiful.

The colorway ranges from purples to blues to greens to a soft brown. But the movement of the shades does remind me of the bamboo that I dyed for More than Circular. The challenge is in finding a source for a silk-wool blend, either laceweight or DK, that I could buy at a not-too-outrageous price and then dye myself. Any ideas?

Postscript: I gave in and asked my husband to send the bolero to me, along with my tennish shoes for walking. It's not a lace-concentrating week, but I just might be able to work on the bolero during class.

Comments