The Left Sleeve of the Cabled Bolero

I'm working on the left sleeve of the bolero. All good. Into the ribbing section, K2,P2, even possible to execute while watching Sunday night television. ("Brothers and Sisters." And when Ken Olin's name flashed across the screen as a producer, I got the casting. Ron Rifkin. Olin's wife with the uncanny blue eyes, whose name I can't recall right now. And the plot? "Thirtysomething" uprooted and replanted in the first decade of the 21st century.)

But where are the directions for closing the sleeve and the side of the sweater? Or, is this why the designer gave it the odd name of a "capecho"? Is it more cape on the side than I realized, and thus, no need for directions to sew a side seam or a sleeve seam?

The camera should be in flight right about now, on its way back from Thailand. When it returns, I can perhaps illustrate the dilemna I'm facing. In the meantime, if you're making this sweater, advice is welcomed!

Comments

FairyGodKnitter said…
Patricia Wetig?
Mel Harris?
First being his real wife, second his TV wife.
I'm very very far behind you but I was planning on working the sleeves in the round with dpns. This dressmaker avoids sewing seams at all costs. I think you will probably need to seam it. I'm back to work on mine as soon as everyone leaves for school/work in the morning.
Patty said…
You seam the sleeves. Start at the bottom of the ribbing and just work your way up, you'll end up knitting one side of two of the pentagons, closing the sleeve and the side. Once you put the two sides of the cable sleeve together, you'll see it.