Noro Kureyon and Swallowtail Shawl

The beginning of a second Swallowtail Shawl. This time in Noro Kureyon. A bit of a change, not quite revolutionary, but perhaps an unusual choice for a lace shawl. But I love the colors, and I kept coming back to the thought of trying this pattern with this yarn.
I started on a size 8 Bryspun circular, and graduated to a size 10.5 after the first ten rows. I'm thinking that even a size 11 or 13 might be better, but I'm not sure if I have anything in those sizes longer than a 20 inch circular. And after rooting through the Tupperware shoe box where my circulars reside three times this morning before work, I'm trying to commit to the 10.5.

One of those forays into the box was for another stab at Swallowtail, with the Lorna's Lace laceweight yarn that I bought for my trip to Louisiana. I was seduced by the colors. Beautiful, huh?
But, oh so difficult to work with. I sat at the dining room table this morning, sure that this time, with quiet and no yoga distractions, that I could make my way forward. But soon I was gripping the needles, feeling my shoulders hunch up, wrestling with this incredibly airy yarn. Just not for me. At least not now, not this project. In the spirit of recycling: please let me know if you would like to have this yarn. About 1200 yards, a silk and wool blend. Perfect for lace, or you could double it up with something else for a larger gauge. Just email me at pegotty@att.net, and I'll be glad to send it along.

Comments