Odds and Ends Swallowtail Shawl

Just because I need some color:
Odds and ends of Blue Sky Alpaca sport-weight, on a size 8 circular needle. My kind of shawl: almost a sweater, yet still a shawl, and lacey and pretty and practical.
The colors? A green not so limey in person for the Budding Lace sections, a hot pink for the Lily charts and nupps, and a scarlet red for the edging. I rarely wear green, and this seems a bit ChicKnits and a bit spring to me.
And thank you to Bradyphenia, recipient of the Helen's Lace from Lorna's Laces that I offered up a few posts ago. I'm looking forward to seeing what it turns into. Over at her blog, lots more color and dyeing of yarn, one of my favorite I-have-untold-amount-of-time activities that hasn't happened around here since summer.

Comments

FairyGodKnitter said…
I love those colors together, half of my wardrobe is that shade of green. And the pink/red combination will be wonderful. How big do you plan to make the shawl? It should size up nicely.
Janet said…
Not sure how big it will end up. I'm letting the yarn dictate that: when I run out of a color, I'm starting the next chart. I think I may run into trouble with the edging, but we'll see!