Color!

This is what I want to play with. Color. No fit issues. More color. Little to no wrestling with gauge.

The inspiration came from Cara at January One. As soon as I saw the mitered squares that she was creating, from a pattern in Mason-Dixon Knitting, I knew that I wanted to do something similar. And I'm following her lead: one dominant color for background, and then kismet, inspiration, no rational process, for choosing the contrast colors. You need to go over to her blog to see how fantastic this is. I'm not sure that I'll have the discipline to concern myself with values and brightness and color wheels, though I wish that I did. The point of this project is to wallow in color and enjoy myself.

Along with Mason-Dixon Knitting, I also borrowed Kaffe Fassett's Glorious Color from the library. I'll use the pattern for the mitered squares from Mason-Dixon. And the initial choice of yarns comes from a sweater that Fassett is wearing on the cover of the book: lime green, orange, yellow, blue, red, all together, and glorious.

Comments