Elephant Pictures for H





Now, don't get any ideas. I was just kidding about fitting one into the backyard or onto a horse trailer. And no, Tucker does not need an elephant stall buddy. But aren't they great? I love the way that the handler is cradling the ear of the baby. And the elephant painting? Dad swears that when she ran out of paint as she was drawing a line, that she nudged her trainer for more paint, then went back over the line so that it was solid. The first time that I posted these I mentioned a piece of trivia (maybe you've heard it at your work?) that elephants are the only animals that possess the self-awareness to recognize their own images in a mirror. Ancient, smart, and cute.

Comments

Unknown said…
Yay, thanks. I think some apes can recognize themselves, too.

- H
Anonymous said…
And dolphins, also!