Progress, or something like it, on Bianca's Jacket

Okay, maybe it's me. But I'm starting to think that I'm just not destined, at least this year, to be knitting sweaters. Here, the pieces of the Bianca's Jacket, starting to be knit together at the top into a yoke finish with lace details.


Gauge, check. Measurements, check. Pieces arranged, then re-arranged in the correct order. Before I started the yoke, and that is a first: catching a mistake before I finish. (The Cabled Bolero? One sleeve seamed wrong side out. Ah, it's a design feature, right?) But, again, maybe it's me, but the body parts, so to speak - the fronts and back - look incredibly teensy up against the sleeves. I do like long sleeves that you can tuck your hands up into when it's cold out. However, this looks way out of proportion to my eye.


Here, the sweater laid out as it will be finished.
Looks a bit better, but still a bit lopsided in the sleeve-to-body aspect. Forge on, oh ye knitter, or something like that. Perhaps I'll be creative enough to figure out a way to add a lace border at the hem, if the body only reaches my ribcage, as I'm forecasting.
My most reliable sweater ever knit was a Rowan Calmer sweater that I made last year. (Full disclosure: that one turned out tiny, but I managed to block the living daylights out of it, and now it's perfect.) Perhaps it's time to go back to Rowan. I struggle, I learn lots, and the end result is beautiful. But do all the spring designs need to be made on size 2 needles?

Comments