I Want Candy


Strawberry and chocolate and peach ice cream in today's square. And a plan for the blanket. Colors that are dusty, tea-stained, a bit decayed. Roses in a vase, withering after a week of being admired. Old embroidery canvas, yellowing. Parchment, browning, beginning to crumble.
A challenge to find such colors at my local yarn shop. In my dream house, I'll have a space devoted to dyeing yarn. In this house, I'll need to either experiment with ordering yarn over the Internet, or see if I can find a source for mercerized cotton in hanks, which I'll then dye myself. Nah, ordering it is. Give me a heads up if you know of a good source.
Below, the bowl of colors.
Yesterday's work.

And a new toy. A lovely fountain, where the water trickles from the copper arch onto the slate, then down into the copper bowl. The cat, who is increasingly adept at pushing objects off of counter tops and dressers and water glasses covered to protect them from being used as paw-washers, seems also able to push the stones in the fountain about, Last night, after going to bed, the fountain seemed to thunder through the house. This morning, we discovered that the cat apparently was rearranging the pebbles again.


Comments

Anonymous said…
It might be worth pointing out that the author of Pegotty didn’t really get the whole Internet thing until about a year ago, when she discovered some knitting blogs. In that time she has gone from very occasional use of the Internet to regularly monitoring a number of other websites and blogs, to creating her own Pegotty blog. Tonight I realized that she was simultaneously knitting, up-loading the digital photographs that appear in this entry to Pegotty on our (I am beginning to wonder if I will get to use it much) new laptop, and watching Dancing With the Stars. Clearly she has joined the digital age at last.
C.