Stems

I am a two-year-old-reduced-to-wow (that's my teacher's description of that state of utter complete pleasure which leaves one unable to say anything other than "wow.") This is the floral arrangement sent to me when the caterers were over an hour late for our event last week, sent a waiter who fell asleep on the sales floor and was in need of some dentistry, then left the catering supervisor to run the whole show when the waiter who drove left with the waiter who was asked to leave.

Are these Venus flytraps? I want to think that they are.
Is that Sigourney Weaver behind the arrangement? All I could think of the movie Alien, especially the first one when the thing comes flying out someone's chest and suction cups itself to his face.
No fancy linking, but these are from a florist in Chicago called Stems, on N. Ashland. They drove my arrangement all the way out from the city, over an hour one way. Lucky me. The late watermelon-pieces-on-a-stick and cheescake disguised as truffles and the sad catering supervisor, serving all evening on his own, was worth it.

Comments

Recently read said…
I love these flowers! Be careful aliens don't crawl out of them.
M