You're in the Driver's Seat

Some not-yet-road-tested patterns, for those of you who've been asking.

First, the Orange Bliss Scarf. Designed by Alison Hansel, author of Charmed Knits: Projects for Fans of Harry Potter. Simple knit two, purl two, ribbed pattern. Chunky yarn. Big needles. All that you have to know is how to cast on, knit, purl, and cast off. I'll try to get in touch with Alison to formally ask permission, but with the big release of the last Harry Potter book (how will I manage to get a copy while I'm in Florida, no known bookstore anywhere close to my hotel?), I'm hoping that she's busily knitting all manner of Weasley sweaters and Hogwarts scarves for the event.

Second, the Beginner's Garter Stitch Scarf. Designed by Sarah White. Chunky or super chunky yarn. Big needles. All that you have to know is how to cast on, make a knit stitch, and cast off.

Or, remember Rule Number One of Knitting: find a good yarn shop, pick out some fabulous yarn, and ask for help.

I'll try to work the patterns up myself this week and report back.

Oh, and questions about yarn? I'd think soft, easy to care for, and the rest is up to you. As I love to say to my staff, I trust you.

Comments