Virtual Yarns

Wool from Alice and Jade Starmore's Virtual Yarns.

It's worth scoping out the site just to see the colors. Hebridean 3-ply and 2-ply. Above is Selkie. Below is a group shot of three of the four skeins that I ordered. Wonderful customer service, too. I'd ordered two different colors of yarn, to swatch for a fisherman's sweater for my husband. They emailed me to let me know that I could order two more skeins, receive free shipping, and end up paying less than I would have for only two skeins.

This is Kelpie. Aren't the names great? And each color has a story about its origins.
And this is Spindrift.
I'm somewhat leery about taking on a project of this size. It will require lots and lots of yarn and will take a very long time to knit, and the last time that I made a sweater for my husband (a gansey from a Jo Sharp pattern), it came out roughly the size of a king-size bed. This time, I'm going to measure as I go, check my gauge, and expect that it may be done sometime in 2010. As of now, I've done nothing but wind one of the hanks into a ball.

Comments