Progress on the Minimalist Cardigan

I'm taking a break from scarves and working on a black cardigan to wear with everything this fall. It's the Minimalist Cardigan from the Fall 2007 issue of Interweave Knits.

I'm almost done with the right front, but I'm on hiatus until I hear, hopefully, from Amanda, a knitter/blogger who's finished the sweater and made lots of extremely smart variations on the pattern. Go here to see her beautiful sweater. Perfect fit and sleeve length.

I'm also using the Elsebeth Lavold Classic AL. At $3.49 a ball, I'm tempted to stock up big time. Reminiscent to me of Debbie Bliss Cashmerino yarns: same sproinginess, similar gauge, easy to work with and good stitch definition. Translation: easy to knit, a bit of a sheen to the yarn, thick enough to have some weight but not too heavy or bulky. There's a Knitalong out there on the Web for this sweater. I tried to email the organizer two times in an effort to join and find some other knitters to quiz as I had questions, but my typing is off these days and I repeatedly mistyped her email address, so I'm soldiering on alone.

Comments