Swallowtail Shawl in Noro Kochoran


Pattern: Swallowtail Shawl
Designer: Evelyn A. Clark
Source: Interweave Knits Fall 2006
Yarn: Noro Kochoran (50% wool 20% silk 30% angora), color 10, 2 skeins from the Knitche; Tahki Donegal Tweed Homespun, color Lime, about 1/3 skein from String Theory
Needle: size 10 circular
Notes: I love the color play in this shawl. It moves gently through pale grass green to grey to marine blue to acid green, and the slight haze of the angora gives it a cloudy quality. But it's that same angora that makes me shudder when I wrap this shawl around me. Too itchy for me, and truth be told, the yarn, even for my preference for a shawl with some warmth and substance, is a little too bulky. But there's someone out there who will love this shawl, so I'm putting it in the drawer of knitting waiting for a home and will give it away someday.


Comments