Earthquake!

Last night I woke up at about 4:30 a.m. It felt as if someone was holding onto the bed frame and giving it a series of quick, sharp bumps. I thought perhaps I'd dreamt it, but no, my husband remembered it too, and then checked the online Tribune for more info.

Yup, earthquake. In Illinois. About 230 miles downstate, which means in another world to most Chicaogans. It's sort of interesting to get a tiny taste of what it must feel like to live in California.

No pictures again today - sorry. It's been a long and tiring week. I did finish the first sock and have completed about 4 inches of ribbed cuff on the second sock. And the dog ate a hole in my practice sock today. Tomorrow is going to require some serious dog-proofing of anything knitted, woven, or wool within jaw's reach, and he's tall, able to set his chin on the dining room table if we let him.

Comments