Boat-neck Sweater for Ant-knee

Pattern: Boat-neck Sweater
Designer: Debbie Bliss
Source: Baby Knits for Beginners
Size: 9-12 months
Yarn: Tahki Jeans, color 003, 135 yds./skein, 3 skeins
Needles: size 7 Addi Turbo circular 24"
Gauge: 19 st and 26 rows to 4" in st st
Notes: No, his name is really Anthony, but this is what my husband's nicknamed the boy. And it's fun to say. Try it with a strong Chicago accent - very nasal on the A, and you sort of swallow the "nt" part: Aaant -knee. Hope his parents don't mind.

So, the sweater. The yarn is a narrow tape. It feels very dry and crisp to the hand as you're working with it. The fiber feels almost like an acrylic; however, it's actually a 100% organic cotton. Keep working, though. The finished fabric is wonderful: spongy, a bit stretchy like a wool, and it provides great stitch definition. I could see this yarn being used in a summer Aran sweater or socks for the person who doesn't wear wool. It's machine washable, too.

The pattern is a great beginner's sweater: all stockinette with a few rows of garter stitch at neckline, cuffs, and hem to give it some interest. Also good for knitting that will be interrupted frequently. I worked on this during breaks at my last yoga training. I'm not a multitasker, but with this pattern, I could pick it up, work a few rows or even stop in the middle of the row, and be able to pick it up again without the time lag of figuring out where I was and what to do next. Good summer knitting.

Comments

FairyGodKnitter said…
I know a bunch of Ant-knee's. Lovely sweater. I need to work a few baby knits into my summer. They travel so well.