Results: the Stew-pot Method of Yarn Dyeing

Some areas of deep lapis. Some areas of pale celadon. Some areas of almost-natural with a tinge of green. Who knew that throwing turquoise, some royal blue and a tiny bit of navy Dyelon fabric dye into a pot with water and yarn would produce dye that is predominantly sea-green?

Above, my brilliant idea of using the rainstorm to finish washing the dye out of the yarn. My version of Alchemy Yarns, but without the Pacific Ocean breeze blowing across my newly-dyed skeins of fiber.

Below, a moment when the brain cells, thankfully, fired at full throttle and reminded me that Parker + Yarn + Lack of Supervision = Eaten Yarn. Yarn, back into the house for another rinse; dog, out in the yard. (And sorry, no ice cream for Parker. The best that he did was to try to make off with the plastic lid to the sundae, but I nabbed him.) It was tricky trying to photograph the color of the yarn. The green doesn't strobe quite as much as in the photo below.
Still, not what I'd anticipated. Next step is to over dye with a uniform stock of turquoise dye, stirred up so that there is a unified solution. I'll put the skeins back in, give them a stir once in a while, and rinse them out in about 5 hours.

Comments