Not So Baby Cable

A more masculine rendition of the Baby Cable Rib sock from Sensational Knitted Socks. I'm working six rounds of K2P2; then, on the seventh round, I knit 2 stitches together, then insert the needle (I'm using a size 2 KnitPicks 40" circular, but I knit loosely) between the two knit stitches and knit the second stitch again. Eh voila: a pseudo cable without having to remove the stitches from the needle.
The yarn is Cascade 220 Superwash. The color that I'm using is 862, but the skein is a year old; the closest current color looks like 912. I'm appreciating the quiet, warm color. It's like a soothing bath, or a cup of cocoa. Reassuring, calm, nurturing.

My plan for the sock was to not count rows and to cable whenever I felt like it. Somehow, I ended up counting anyway and trying to have the cables match. Habits are hard to break. New habits are even more difficult to implement.

But, "If nothing can ever change, nothing can get any better! If you don't create new ways to solve old problems, you'll always be stuck with the old problems." This is Maggie Righetti talking about creativity and innovation in Sweater Design in Plain English, but she could be talking about the way we might go about tackling any problem.

Comments