Kiri Shawl in Noro Taiyo

A rainbow for Kim to wrap herself in.
Pattern: Kiri Shawl
Designer: Polly Outhwaite
Yarn: Noro Taiyo, color 5/Rainbow, 2 skeins (200 m per skein), Knitche, Downers Grove, IL
Needles: size 10 Bryspun 24" circular, size 10.5 Addi Turbo 40" circular
Size after blocking: 24" long x 64" wide
My fastest shawl ever. I started this late last week and blocked it yesterday. The colors are amazing. If only Noro could combine its color sense with a warm, cozy silk/wool blend fiber. Still, after soaking with some Eucalan liquid soap, this is fairly snuggly, and perhaps the recipient runs warmer than me and will be happy not to have too much wool content (15% wool against 40% cotton, 15% nylon, and 15% silk) in her shawl.
A bit more subdued in person than in the photos, which bring out a neon quality that is not present in real life. Every time that I think that I find a section that I love most, I notice another great juxtaposition of colors. I'm torn between the coral pink at the beginning, center border against a grass green and a purple section at the bottom against a section with yellows, browns, and pinks.


Comments