Sangha Hats

The next round of sangha hats. At my most recent training, we added another list of folks who would like one, including several members of the staff of the retreat center. This is my new favorite. Green and pink are so good together, to wit:
The pea vines in the back garden. Before the 100 degree weather that we had this week. The flowers never made it all the way to life as peas, but they were pretty to look at, while I was waiting for the end result.
Pattern: Turn a Square
Designer: Jared Flood
Yarn: Tahki Donegal Tweed and Noro Silk Garden
Needles: size 5 for ribbing, size 7 for hat
Number of stitches cast on: 82, incr to 90 in first round of stockinette stitch
Size: closer to a woman's Medium than a Small
If I had it to Do Over: I'd cast on fewer stitches. The Tahki is heavier than the Cascade 220, plus I went up a needle size to accomodate the bulk of the yarn. The hat is okay - but I prefer a snugger fit.

Comments