Spidery Tank

A little red for the Fourth of July.

Pattern: Spidery Tank
Designer: Nicole Thompson
Source: Interweave Knits Summer 2009
Yarn: Maggi's Linen (about 5 skeins used)
Size: 34
Needles: size 5 and size 7 Addi circulars
Modifications included adding waist shaping by decreasing from the size 7 to size 6, then size 5,then back up to 6, then 7 for two rows a piece after the second of four lace repeats. And working the bodice on the size 7 needle instead of size 5. This after completing the entire top section, trying it on, and knowing that I just wouldn't be happy with how snug it was in the area of the armholes.
I'm not sure how I feel about knitting with a linen-cotton blend. Well, actually, I do know, but don't want to be a whiny blogger, because I'm not in love with it. I much prefer the springiness and forgiving nature of wool. Ah, well, it's been that kind of summer: two steps forward, and then I look back and ahead and hear a million questions jumping at me for attention. Onward ho: I'm working on the Little Lace Shrug from LaceStyle to wear with a beautiful black-and-white party dress next weekend. Brooks Farm Solo Silk, bought at last year's Stitches Midwest.

Comments