Basics

I'm working on a cardigan from Ann Budd's The Knitter's Book of Handy Sweater Patterns. (Or is it the Handy Book of Knitted Sweaters?)

The yarn is Cascade 220 in a heathered brown with a slight overlay of maroons and olive green that gives the yarn some depth. (It's Cordovan, #9408.) And I'm trying to stick with a fusion of the very basic, set-in sleeve cardigan with a few touches from the Cropped Cardigan, such as using black Cascade for a very minimalist edging.

My goal is for this sweater to be a tutorial that helps me learn how the Cascade behaves, how the specs of this sweater work for me - so that I can improve my ability to get a decent fit - and to do something stockinette so that I can achieve a finished sweater in a reasonable amount of time. We drove to and from Minneapolis this weekend and I worked through the back and part of the left front: knitting with no distractions and a good Elizabeth Peters book-on-tape really let you get some serious knitting done.

Comments