Vivian

Here's Vivian, on a dress form at the store. Doesn't match the outfit, but I wanted to show what it looks like on, instead of lying flat.

(The skirt is a crocheted skirt from Interweave Crochet. And the t-shirt: a limited edition tee for the Chicago Yarn Crawl. I love commemorative t-shirts, and my boss was kind enough to give each of the staff a tee. Yeah!)

And the back view:
I had some panicky moments while blocking the sweater. Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran grows a LOT when wet, and the sweater looked to have increased at least two or three sizes. After a day of worry, I threw it in the dryer on low gentle. (There was no way it could be worn, except by a giant, so I thought, why not?) As you can see, the sleeves are still long enough for a gorilla. Ah, well. I do like long sleeves on sweaters, so that I can tuck my hands up into the sweater in winter.

Next up, sewing in an Oriental Blue zipper from Joann's. There were no oranges that matched this shade of yarn, so I decided to go with Anthropologie-influenced complete color contrast.

Comments