Enola Holmes

I'm on my way to the Midwest Fiber and Folk Art Festival with a knitting friend. I have a set sum of money in my pocket, and am looking for 10/2 mercerized cotton, and maybe a book or two.

In the meantime, I'm warping one of my looms for a no-thinking project: long warp, simple weave, and yardage either for pillowcases or towels or napkins. Pictures soon.

And while working on the loom, I'm listening to audio books of the Enola Holmes series by Nancy Springer. Fourteen-year-old sister of Sherlock, searching for her mother, while investigating crime in a dark, dank, class-structured, poverty-filled, nineteenth-century London. Very good. The reader, Katherine Kellgren, has a plummy, Oxford accent and does a great job with voices ranging from Enola's (smart, a little sad, angry, clever) to Sherlock's cool observations.

Comments