Progress on the Vine Lace Cloth

Tulips, day eight. Becoming very unearthly.
And my first stab at washcloths: the Vine Lace Cloth from Smariek Knits. The cloths here are Sugar 'n Cream cotton yarn, knit on a size six circular needle: my version of sock knitting, in that these are quick, easy to carry around with you, and fun to knit.
(Her blog is a good source of free patterns, lots of playing with Barbara Walker's treasuries and cabling of hats and scarves, and an inquiry into the best way to make the thumb in a pair of mitts, which I was stewing about when I made a pair of Fetching and am looking forward to investigating.)

The green one reminds me of the tulips.
The pink one, whose colors range from a pale pink to a deep pink to a soft tan, made me happy. Then I realized: it's the color of ice cream, the way it used to be packaged, in a cardboard rectangular box with the ice cream in thirds of vanilla, strawberry and chocolate.


Comments