Yarn Rescue

It's been a stressful couple of days.

Things are either very good (I met with a hospital administrator last week and we are planning to pilot a program offering yoga to one of the patient groups there -and I note this with trepidation, because I'm fairly superstitious and afraid I'll jinx things). Or very bad (on Sunday, I had an appointment to discuss yoga therapy with two doctors who have a clinic and I completely forgot about the appointment and spent the afternoon winding a new warp for the loom, and because I had my cell phone turned off, I missed their call asking where I was, and they have not responded to my apologetic phone call and email).

When I get stressed, two things usually happen. The first is that I get this crazy inability to wear pierced earrings. Last week, during one of the good things (meeting with a colleague to discuss my editing of her master's thesis), I heard a story that may explain my stress/ear sensitivity. Or, I have some swamp land in Florida to sell you. In any case, here's the story: on long sea voyages, a sailor has to climb the mast to do a look-out for land. The Chinese, recognizing that the ear lobe is an acupuncture point for bravery, would pierce the ear of the poor guy who had to do the climb to give him courage. So maybe I need extra courage when I get stressed?

The second is that I have a need to create order by discarding stuff. If I can't find structure inside, I try to create it artificially outside. Usually, I go through my closet and dump a bunch of stuff that I haven't worn in a few years. This time, though, I'm going with yarn.

If you've stuck with me this far, here's the plan. I have several batches of wonderful yarn that have not worked for me. Most of the yarn is no longer in its original packaging and may already be wound into balls instead of its original hanks. But all is in good shape, comes from a smoke-free environment, and is clean and ready to be knit up. I'd love for another knitter to rescue the yarn. If you're interested, just leave a comment with your contact information and we'll work it out. The only cost will be the postage, which you can send to me once you get the yarn; I'm guessing that postage will be between $5 and $10 at most per box.


Here's what I've got:

  • Rowan Summer Tweed in blue. Probably the equivalent of four-five skeins.
  • Prism's sock yarn, Saki, in black and brown. A pricey sock yarn that is just too thin for my loose knitting.

  • Elsebeth Lavold Angora in a deep red. One packaged skein and several balls, probably the equivalent of three to four hanks.

  • KnitPick's lace-weight yarn, dyed in shades of pinks and reds and white with Koolaid.
  • a single skein of Rowan Calmer in a pale blue-grey, a skein of Classic Elite WoolBamboo in a beautiful sherbet-colored pink, a skein of Debbie Bliss Silk Alpaca DK in pale blue, a skein of Cascade 220 superwash in light brown, a skein of KnitPicks Gloss in burgandy
  • 2 and a half skeins of Muench Sir Galli

Hoping that these find a home.

Comments